Tuesday 3 January 2012

A New Year

Happy New Year!
Whilst looking through Facebook, I came across a great page, Home Life Simplified. A challenge had been set - 52 Weeks To Simplify Your Life.
I decided to give it a go and here I am... my first post.
So to begin, I'm looking back over the past year 2011 and thinking about all the things that went right. Whilst 2011 was a tough year for myself and my family, I also realise that there were things that went right and that we did have good times as well as hard times.
I'm grateful that my little boy, Riley, had a successful and happy start to his schooling, beginning Grade Prep with a wonderful teacher and a great set of friends. In addition to this, I met some wonderful new people who have since become friends.
I'm thankful that our family continued to be well looked after, with a roof over our heads, food on the table and the bills paid. Yes, it was a struggle sometimes, but we made it, together.
We were lucky enough to enjoy a couple of family holidays together, time spent together that was much needed and provided us with wonderful memories that will last forever.
So, here I am, my first post, not really sure where this will take me, not even sure if anyone will even read any of this, but I'm here, ready to face whatever 2012 has in store for me and my family. The year ahead will be full of memories to be made, new people to meet, friendships to be treasured, and lessons to be learnt. I'm ready....

Here is the link to Home Life Simplified - www.homelifesimplified.com.au

4 comments:

  1. Yay Narelle - welcome to the challenge and to blogging - and to discovery! You will be amazed when the comments start coming as the others link up posts - you will explore and get to know each other if my hope becomes reality!

    Here's to 2012!

    deb @ home life simplified!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya, found you through Debs site! Looking forward to reading more of you this year through the challenges, it sounds like you are definitely ready and standing tall for the year, you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lyndaal... thanks for dropping by :) I've never blogged before so really don't know what I am doing at the moment lol... look forward to hearing more of your life too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy Narelle, I also found your blog through Deb's 52 week challenge. It is very exciting to be part of this challenge and for me to blog for the first time. I agree with you I am ready too and I love the thought of creating new memories and friends. Good luck blogging and with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete